Cavanaugh UMC is a mighty missional force in our community. While we are small in number, we are mighty in the ways God uses us to love and support our community. Even with the challenges Covid has placed on missional works, Cavanaugh continue to work with Beard, Cavanaugh, and Carnall Elementary, along with the community Clearing House, to provide backpack food for school children who are food-insecure. We continue our partnership with the River Valley Food Bank which helps us with our backpack program and stocking our community blessing box. Some of the missions that we regularly engage in are:
- Let’s Do Lunch: A monthly community lunch program whose proceeds go to help local missions and ministries
- United Methodist Women
- United Methodist Men
- Blessing Box: We have a community food box in front of our church where people can "take what you need, and leave what you can". Our church members regularly place food in the box as well as many anonymous people who help feed hungry people.
- Backpack Program: We work alongside the Community Clearinghouse and help feed hungry school children at Beard, Carnall, and Cavanaugh Elementary
- Tutoring/Mentoring Program: We meet at Cavanaugh Elementary once a week. We focus on reading as well as support the kids.
- River Valley Regional Food Bank Partner
- House of Hope: Work with local hospitals to provide temporary place for cancer patients to stay while they receive treatments
- Acts of Random Kindness “ARK”
- Farmers Market: We gather produce from the vendors at the local farmer's market (which they donate to us at the end of the day). We then sort, bag, and distribute the fresh produce to blessing boxes across town